Planning for your discharge actually begins upon your admission to the hospital. This gives the nurse case manager and/or social worker the opportunity to talk to you about what you need when you leave the hospital.
They will discuss your options and identify your preferences in order to customize a plan to meet those needs when you leave the hospital.The Case Management Department’s functions include:
• Serving as a liaison to your insurance company and managed care organization.
• Arranging for homecare and initiatingappropriate referrals for services you may need.
• Providing counseling and emotional support.
• Coordinating your care with the treatment team and discussing your discharge options, including arranging rehabilitation or long-term care.
• Assisting you with any community resources you may need upon discharge to ensure continuity of care.
Your level of interaction with the nurse case manager and/or social worker depends on your unique healthcare requirements and life situation.
For more information about the HackensackUMC at Pascack Valley Case Management Department
please call 201-383-1904.