HackensackUMC at Pascack Valley
Urgent Care Today…
A Full Service, World-Class Hospital in 2013
The Hackensack University Medical Center, a premier healthcare provider ranked among the 50 best hospitals in the nation, has taken a leadership role in serving the needs of Pascack and Northern Valley residents since the closure of Pascack Valley Hospital by operating a Satellite Emergency Department at the former hospital site.
In 2013, HackensackUMC’s commitment to the region will culminate with the reopening of the hospital as HackensackUMC at Pascack Valley, a completely renovated, state-of-the-art, comprehensive care facility. The new 128-bed community hospital, a joint venture of the Hackensack University Health Network and the LHP Hospital Group, Inc., one of the country’s leading private hospital management companies, will feature all private rooms and convenient access to the medical services most needed by local residents including:
• Obstetrics and women’s health
• Intensive/critical care
• Same-day and inpatient surgery
• A cardiac catheterization lab
• Outpatient radiology tests and procedures
At a time when shortages of physicians and healthcare resources are anticipated throughout the state and the nation, HackensackUMC at Pascack Valley will:
• Expand HackensackUMC’s network of some of the best healthcare services in America into the region
• Improve critical travel times for ambulances and mobile intensive care units which have more than doubled in recent years due to the absence of a strategically located hospital
• Promote the establishment of more local physicians’ offices and create more residency opportunities in key specialties such as emergency medicine, family medicine, OB/GYN and general surgery
HackensackUMC at Pascack Valley will also greatly enhance the quality-of-life in the region and have many economic benefits including the creation of hundreds of local jobs. Visit this site often for news about employment opportunities and upcoming community events, as well as construction updates and medical staff announcements.